Amanda does not claim a particular genre of music, and in doing so enjoys variety in her music and audiences. As a solo artist and a part of a women's contemporary folk band called Wildflower; she is a performer not to be missed.
After attending Winona State University she began a more intentional look at returning to music after her nephew was diagnosed with leukemia. In 2010 she released a children's album called, "Trains, Cars + A Trip To Mars." Soon after his father also passed away. Amanda wrote some songs from the experience and released, "Embrace" in 2012.
After a successful kickstarter project, she released her first EP called, "Keeping Hearts" in June 2014. That month she appeared at Ed's No Name bar in Winona with her group Wildflower as the release event.
Currently, "Better Life" EP is set to be her most poignant work yet; taking her almost 2 years to complete.
She has given a yearly performance at the The Mid West Music Festival since its inception.
In 2015, she performed on the first day of the Wisconsin music and art festival, Ashley for the Arts.
Wildflower joined the Boats & Bluegrass Festival in 2017.
Twins Cities Media Feature: http://twincitiesmedia.net/blog/amanda-grace-release-better-life-warming-house-12-6/
The Current features Better Life: https://www.thecurrent.org/request
New EP ~ Better Life
After recording her single "Los Angeles" near LA she was inspired to return and release "Better Life," now the feature of the EP. Taking a song by song approach, she felt it was a more balanced fit to her lifestyle and allowed her to focus on each piece. Near LA she worked with producer Scotty Lund and was joined by Ted Kamp in the studio.
The following year she began working with Savannah Street Studios and producer Ben Obi for the remaining 3 pieces. She was supported by musicians Timothy A. Levy, Mario Dawson, and Joel Cocampo.
- Some of the inspiration for her early music comes from the death of her nephew Bryce Breuer and his father soon after.
- She released her first children's album Trains, Cars & a Trip to Mars in 2010. Grace's cover of "You Are My Sunshine" was featured in Parents magazine in 2010.
- In August 2012, Grace released a rock/AA album called Embrace.
- In 2014, Grace released the Keeping Hearts EP which added six new acoustic rock songs to her collection of released music.
- In 2015 Grace's single "Los Angeles" was in the Top Five of the Upcoming100.com's "Emerging Artists" category. The single which was released in November of that year was also reviewed by NeuFutur Magazine. It was produced by Scotty Lund and featured rapper Prime Blaq. The lyrics for the song were written at an LA Airport prior boarding a plane.
- Better Life is her fourth work. The local release event is to be held at Ocooch Mountain Music’s Curiosity Shop, Winona MN on Sunday Nov. 5th at 2PM.
- The Minneapolis release show is on Wednesday Dec. 6th at 8PM at The Warming House, Minneapolis. Special guest: Joyanne Parker $10 *Free, signed EP* Tickets: http://www.thewarminghouse.net
"Los Angeles is a pop-infused track that shines, drawing comparisons to performers like Pink and Kelly Clarkson. There is a massive vocal range captured during this effort, one that is highlighted through intelligent instrumentation. The vocal delivery of Amanda Grace here is dusky, intricate, and ultimately familiar.” James McQuiston, NeuFutur Magazine
"Thoughtful and contemplative singer, songwriter, and pianist with beguiling vocals and intimate, confessional lyrics."
Mid West Music Fest
“Courageously flaunted guitar chops vie with Amanda Grace's fascinating voice for MVP honors in this magnificent pop rock ballad masterpiece, forecasting a big future for her talent."
"During the competition, more than 15,000 people cast their votes for Grace’s song—a number she was humbled by."